Friday, November 20, 2009

Warm Feet

I have a lot of new loves in China. Yes, I still love Eddie (bagels, bread, muffins and rolls delivered yesterday). BUT, my new love......

Radiant Floor Heating.......

How could I have lived 40+ years without it? We've had lows in the 20s (F) and highs in the 30s (F) and I'm in the house without slippers!?! I used to live in my slippers!! I always had cold feet. Not now.

We've turned off our forced air heat and the warm floor is enough to warm the house. Unbelievable. Yesterday there was sun shining through the window of the office and it got so hot I had to open the window (just a very small crack, but still!!).

We're tearing out the flooring in our Audrey Street house when we get back. Looking into Radiant Floor Heating options there. :)
.
.
.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Allen's grandparents had radiant floor heat! It was lovely, but not so great for sleepovers (he remembers roasting on the floor in a sleeping bag). Great though for watching TV on the floor.

Enjoy! I'm jealous. It's cold today and I need slippers.