Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Flood

Here are some pictures from the flood on our service porch. The hot water heater pipe broke while I was out shopping. Luckily, the downstairs apartment ayis (maids) were home to call the repairmen.

The threshold that saved the rest of the house.

 


The biggest casualty - the brand new Costco box of Bounce (very expensive here). This is half of the box drying to try to salvage it!

 



Water drains from the service porch to the outside. Our flood created icicles. Now the kids want to keep pouring water out of the hole to make bigger ones!

Posted by Picasa

 
.
.
.

1 comment:

Curt & Jennifer Berry said...

Mike/Debi,

My name is Curt Berry, and I'm from Austin, TX and work at Dell. I just spent the past couple of weeks in Dalian, and the mgmt here took me on a tour of the schools, in the first step of negotiating an assignment out here. I went to DAIS yesterday and loved it!

We have 4 kids (8, 6, 4, and new born), so the elementary school is very important.

Do you mind emailing me at Curt_Berry@dell.com so that I can ask some questions about the school, local housing, etc...? If not, I totally understand. I'd like to have a good picture of what I may be getting into with moving my family out here for a few years.

Your pictures are great, and I hope that if I do come out that I can keep up a blog as well.

Thanks!

Curt