Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Are You Curious?

Are you curious about the "squatty potty" (more formally known as a squat toilet)? These are the toilets most commonly found in China, although we do have "Western toilets" in our house and many stores will have squat or western options.

Here is what one looks like:



It has water, it flushes, it's almost like what we are used to in the US only it's just right on the ground, no raised portion and no seat....I just pretend that I'm hiking in the woods and going behind a tree (TMI?)... If they are clean (and most I've encountered have been), they aren't bad to use. I'm just glad super bell bottom pants aren't in style anymore! Maybe someday I'll get a picture of the squat port-a-potty that's down by the beach!

I'll give 20 of my prized chocolate chips to the first person who can identify where this toilet is!
.
.
.

4 comments:

The Barrs said...

jayland!!!!!! HA!!!!!!
-Kiana

The Barrs said...

Kiana, you get the prize!

Fin said...

Hi

Your blog is wonderful...
I have been reading through your post since yesterday. I just got the news that i will be relocating to Dalian to support the Intel fab68 project with my company for 12-18 months. I will be relocating with my wife and 3 children (when we travel they will be 3.5yrs, 2 yrs and 3 mnths old) so as you can imagine its nice to hear some real like stories from Dalian.
Im Irish by the way !!
Keep the posts coming...
I was hoping to get accommadation in Campus village but i don think there is any avalability left... Due to travel at the end of August for House hunting trip! Relo due for January.. !!

Fin

The Barrs said...

Glad you enjoyed the blog! I enjoy writing it! If you come through Campus Village in August, maybe we'll run into each other.