Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Love Eddie!

Today, Eddie brought me a slice of home. The missing ingredient to my beloved bean burrito. I had the pinto beans (dried beans brought from home), I had the cheese (imported - I paid a premium for it at Metro), but I was missing my flour tortillas. I had full intentions of learning to make them in China. But then along came Eddie.

Eddie runs a western style restaurant in KaiFaQu (Kye-fah-chew - the nearby suburb of Dalian). Mike had eaten there several times - good, familiar food. We had heard that Eddie had started delivering bread to Campus Village. I was expecting that we could get only white bread, but I was quite surprised when I saw his order sheet. Many types of bread, bagels, muffins and flour tortillas!

So I placed my order - 2 loaves of bread, 6 bagels, 2 cinnamon rolls, handmade tortilla chips and a dozen flour tortillas. And today, at noon (that's 9 pm your time), my order arrived. The tortillas aren't as good as the Costco-cook-them-yourselves-ones, but they were great for China!! We had bean burritos for dinner and we are having cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa for bedtime snack. And Eddie's wheat bread is good too.

Yup, I love Eddie...
.
.
.

No comments: