Thursday, May 28, 2009

3 weeks...

I had another dream last night. In this one I was talking to someone from "work" about the jobs I passed up because we are moving overseas. I say "work" because I haven't actually worked in over a year. Yes, I know I'm lucky, very lucky. Many people have to work, and I have had the luxury of working part-time since my kids were born, and the last 8 years I worked from home. I loved my job - loved the work, loved the people, loved the creative outlet and sense of accomplishment it gave me. I miss it, and with being out of the loop for so long, I'm unsure that I'll be able to go back to it. Of course, I'm also unsure that I'll want to. Who knows where this adventure will lead me? Maybe I'll find my new career and new creative outlet while living in China????

In the other part of that same dream I was late for my class at the gym. Have I mentioned how much I love the gym? How much I'll miss it? That I calendar in my favorite class so nothing else gets scheduled at the same time? I've always liked to work out, but I've always been one to work out solo. A year ago if you would've told me that I'd be in a crowded class with 50 other women working out to music whose beat is turned up to a frenetic pace...I would've said - uh, nope. But working out has been my primary stress reliever in this adventure so far. Luckily our new condo complex has a work out room...can I find the same motivation without the teacher? Maybe I should record Stacey saying "come on legs" and "are your abs hanging out?" and bring it with me.

On a practical note, we continue to get ready to go. Van is sold. House is rented. Painting is finished. Pantry is getting empty. Checklist mostly checked. Seven burritos eaten (hopefully eight by this afternoon).
.
.
.

No comments: