Monday, June 20, 2011

Leaving China, Part 6

The last torture! I had my last therapeutic massage with Mr. Torture. I am happy to say that my shoulder is back to about 98% of normal!

When I first went to him, it all seemed so different. The waiting area in the same room as the treatment tables. The noises from outside - cars honking, people yelling, dogs barking. The run-down look of his office.

But now it seems so normal, so relaxing and so comforting. Funny how time and familiarity changes your perspective.

This last session, I was the only one there. The lights were out with just natural light coming through the windows. The windows were open with a soft breeze blowing in and the sounds of the city provided a nice backdrop.

I've seen him 1-2 times a week for the last year. I'm happy that I know enough Chinese that I could say goodbye and thank him for saving me from having surgery!


.
.
.

No comments: