Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Leaving China, Part 1

This is the first of many blogs about leaving China. While it is not definite, we are pretty sure that we will be moving back to our US home at the end of June. Although I will be happy to be living in Portland again, I am sad to be leaving China.

I've spent the past month trying to sort out those feelings. What exactly am I sad to be leaving? And of course, there is not a simple answer. I am sad to be leaving our home. I am sad to be leaving our community. I am sad to be leaving my lifestyle. I am sad to be leaving my friends. And, I am sad to be leaving the country and people of China.

It feels a little strange. Because I am really looking forward to many things in Portland, but at the same time, there are not very many things that I am happy to leave behind here.

More to come....
.
.
.

2 comments:

Doug and Brandi Smith said...

I can SO relate!!! amazing huh. It has been a blessing to be here!!!!

Jones Team said...

I 100% agree with your sentiments - may have to refer people to your blog so I can avoid writing the same (we only bave 3 weeks left?!?!?!?!).