Thursday, February 3, 2011

Skiing in Furano

Riding the lift.
Cold fingers.
Warm sun on my cheeks.
Endless snow below.
White flocked trees out of a picture postcard.
Mountains rising high in front of me.
And at 12:50 every day, Bruno Mars playing on the loudspeakers.

I forgot how much I love skiing. The quiet beauty of the snow and mountains paired with the adrenaline rush of going just a little too fast. Yup, I could stay here and enjoy for a really long time!

Here are some photo highlights from skiing in Furano (Hokkaido, Japan).



Super(snow)man flying outside our house:


The end of a beautiful snowmobile ride over the bridge and through the woods:


Happy, happy, happy:


Happy this lift was closed:


My favorite ski run (Kiana's too!):

.
.
.

1 comment:

Jones Team said...

beautiful! Thanks again for coming over last night!