Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Not So Bad Shopping Day

OK, so you know that I complain a lot about the inconvenience of shopping. Today was Thursday - which means it was shopping day. Because it takes an hour to get to Dalian, there are only certain days of the week that I have enough time to go while the kids are in school. I've been trying really hard to buy more things locally, but sometimes it is just easier to drive to Dalian because I know that I'll find what I need and I don't have to bargain on the price.

Often I go shopping with a friend - this makes it more fun because there is someone I can talk to. Otherwise, I just spend the day listening to the mutterings inside my head.

So here's what super shopping Thursday looked like today:

6:45 - Up and shower
7:20 - Wake the kids and make breakfast
8:30 - Kids off to school
8:45 - Ayi (maid) arrives (this is the good!)
9:00 - Pick up junk and clutter
9:30 - Leave for Dalian
10:30 - Shop at Decathlon (sporting goods) for snorkeling gear and birthday presents
11:00 - Shop at IKEA for birthday presents and chocolate
11:30 - Eat a hot dog at IKEA (more good!....only a part-time vegetarian!)
11:45 - Shop at Metro (like Costco, but they run over you with forklifts here...but only if you're not looking...)
12:45 - Leave for KaiFaQu (smaller town between our house and Dalian)
1:45 - Stop at Eddies to pay for bread order (more good!)
2:00 - Park on sidewalk to go to local market (needed juice boxes for Kiana's ski trip)
2:45 - Arrive home. House is clean thanks to the ayi.
2:45 - Three trips up the elevator to bring in the groceries (good it was working!)
3:00 - Done putting away stuff. Sit at computer and relax until 3:45 when school is out.

So the good - house is clean, hot dog was good, found everything I need, made it home safely. :) For a shopping day, it wasn't so bad.
.
.
.

No comments: