Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Why I Love Thursdays!

One of the perks of living in China is that labor is cheap. This means that most expat families who live here have an "ayi" who helps with cleaning, laundry, shopping and cooking. Some have a live-in ayi, some have a full-time ayi ($200 per month) and some have a part-time ayi.

We have a part-time ayi who comes on Thursdays for about 4 hours ($35 per month!). This is why I love Thursdays!

BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:


AFTER:


I considered having a full-time ayi (someone who cleans up after you ALL THE TIME! My friends who have one have houses that look like the "after" pictures all the time). But here's the catch. She'd be here every day, all day, every day, all day, every day, all day. I don't think I could handle that.

There are moments when I am doing my own dishes and laundry that I think to myself...."are you crazy????" But for now I am happy with the trade off. For the price of doing my own laundry and dishes, I have privacy all but 4 hours a week! And a clean house most of the time, but especially on Thursdays!
.
.
.

No comments: